The blog gods (small "g") must have been smiling on me today, because I figured it out. That means that those of you who have been actually trying to follow this blog will have something new to read!!!
So much has happened since my last post on March 10th that I scarely know where to begin.
In a nut shell:
- Spencer, Nick and I came to Abu Dhabi on March 8th.
- We moved into our 17th floor apartment on March 15th.
- I tried and tried to get Spencer and Nick in school, but the fish weren't biting.
- With MUCH help from 3 good sisters of the Relief Society and BYU Independent Study, Spencer and Nick completed there school years.
- May 8th Katie comes to join us, and experiences NO jet lab (Is that fair, I ask you?)
- We discover that bumper cars are outrageously fast and rather dangerous when you don't have to answer to OSHA.
- We have a blast riding water roller coasters at Wild Wadi, but don't think much of fat Russians in bikinis.
- We finally found a spot for Nick in the Fall at an international school in Abu Dhabi (alas, nothing for Spencer).
- June 17th Spencer and Nick fly to Washington to spend time with their dad.
- My doctor discovers a BENIGN tumor on my adrenal gland and tells me to see a specialist in the US while I'm there.
- July 7th Katie and I fly to WA, but enjoy a very memorable layover in Amsterdam where we see the Anne Frank House and Museum.
- After a very nice visit in WA, Spencer, Nick, Katie, and I fly to Utah (us and our 10 pieces of luggage).
- I find out that airport security really works when I forget that I left two Arabian dagger in my carry-on luggage (opps!). (Not to worry. Luke and Christian got their souveniers. I just checked my carry on. The guards were convinced that I was just an airhead and not a true threat to national security. Must be the new blonde hairdo.)
- I see a specialist and find out that I'm OK for now, but in the process discover that Spencer has Cushing's Disease (major bummer...but major miracle that it was discovered).
- The reunited Bernfeld family have tons of fun and spend way too much of mom's money.
- We learn that Driveway Disco might be a bit ahead of its time (either that or disco really is dead).
- August 9th Nick and I fly back to Abu Dhabi without Spencer :-(
- Spencer moves to WA to live with Amy and Geoff, see more specialist, and finish his senior year.
- Nick and I get a cat in hopes of filling the Spencer-void. It doesn't really work, but Creature is an amusing roommate.
- Luke decides to take full advantage of his status as an unattached 23-yr-old and shaves his head, which should keep his status secure. (He reminds me of a young Uncle Fester.)
Well, that's the quick list. Now that I know how to log in and have changed the password to something I might actually remember, I hope to do a better job of posting stuff.
1 comment:
Eva, it was really good to see you last month. Glad to hear you made it back safely. Also, glad to see you remembered your password for you blog. Yippy. We want pictures.
Post a Comment